Spread love on Valentine’s Day with this sweet and festive nutrition activity. Children can work in the kitchen with simple tools and make their own healthy snack. Be sure to download the full Valentine’s Day Celebration Kit below for your classroom celebration, family celebration or parent event.
Spreading Love Snack
- Strawberries (hulled)
- Zip bags
- Plastic knives
- Heart cookie cutter
What color is your favorite food?
- Encourage children to wash hands and work surfaces.
- Invite them to use the cookie cutter to make heart shapes from the bread.
- Encourage each child to count up to four strawberries in a baggie and add a pinch of sugar.
- Invite children to crush the strawberries until they make jam, then spread the homemade jam on the heart-shaped bread and enjoy!
Children will love making their own snack with heart shapes and red berries! This nutrition activity also helps children develop their attention and persistence skills as they finish their snack from beginning to end and gently crush their berries until small enough.
Plan your Valentine’s Day with these fun activities: Matching Hearts Game, Love Bug Headbands, The Prince’s Valentine Story & pieces and more!
Celebrate love with this Valentine’s Day Celebration Kit.
- Invitation Postcard. Invite children to use their fingers to paint a heart in the box.
- The Prince’s Valentine Story & Pieces
- Love Bug Headband
- Spreading Love Snack Recipe
- Healthy Heart Game
- Matching Hearts Game